The core message of the Gospel is called the kerygma. The kerygma informs the central mission and identity of the Church and the identity of every baptized Christian. The most basic form of the kerygma contains five elements:
- God is love and has created me for relationship with Him.
- I have broken my relationship with God by my sin.
- Jesus restores my relationship with God through His life, death, and resurrection.
- Jesus invites me to trust him, to turn from sin, and to give my life to Him.
- Jesus has poured the Holy Spirit into my heart to bring me to new life in His Church and sends His Church on mission so that others can experience that new life.
During this retreat, we will explore and reflect on these 5 elements using scripture, modern music/videos, and discussion.
For more information about the S.H.I.N.E. Kerygma Retreat for Teens or to schedule a date for your group, please contact Trinita Retreat Center Director, Steve DiMotta, by email at email@example.com or by phone at (860) 900-9106.